**1. Carl Albert - Dadrion Taylor ran for 1,365 yards and 24 touchdowns last season, but now he passes the torch to Javion Hunt, who holds offers from Arkansas, Iowa State, Ole Miss, Texas Tech and several more (only in-state offer is Tulsa).
2. Bishop Kelley - Plenty of notable names on this year’s Comets roster, but don’t surprised when Cori Lewis’ name is in high demand on the recruiting trails by midseason (if not before then).
3. Collinsville - Cardinals lose Grayson Boomer and Jake Tuttle from last year’s 5A semifinal team. But Collinsville always finds a way to replace departed talent and keep on winning.
4. Bishop McGuinness - Get ready for a lot of Dominic Richardson, a TCU commit, this season.
5. Edison - Running back Sevion Morrison burst onto the scene last season and rewrote several Edison records en route to 2,761 yards and 38 touchdowns.
6. Guthrie - The Bluejays always manage to have a stout defensive unit, and 2019 shouldn’t be any different. Should be Hector Goosby and Tervae Williams anchoring this season’s defensive efforts.
7. Duncan - A lot of talented players in 5A, and Jai’Vion Dangerfield could be the most unheralded of them all.
8. Tahlequah - He may be small (5 feet, 7 inches and 170 pounds), but running back Dae Dae Leathers has been nothing but productive when he’s on the field.
9. Ardmore - Last season’s 5A runner-up will have to move on to 2019 without several key contributors from 2018 -- Brayden Bryant, Sitani Lemeki, Tero Roberts, Cameron Petties, Trenzel Johnson and several more.
10. Claremore - Zebras with no lack of skills guys this season, including Dylan Kedzior, Quention Skinner and Jace Hightower.
**2018 state champion
- Racer Felter (Lawton Mac): Senior quarterback leads a senior-heavy squad that could make a run this year in 5A.
- Jai’vion Dangerfield (Duncan): A two-way playmaker who had 1,100 receiving yards and 15 total touchdowns, with one on an interception and two on punt returns. “He’s the real deal.” -- Duncan head coach JT Cobble.
- Dominic Richardson (Bishop McGuinness): TCU commit embarks on a senior season as the Irish’s central figure in a potential title run.
- Reise Collier and David Peters (Carl Albert): Two tackling machines combined for 328 takedowns for the Titans in 2018.
- JD Coonfield and Tervae Williams (Guthrie): Combined for 197 tackles and five interceptions in 2018.
- Dylan Hampton (Piedmont): Threw for 1,338 yards and ran for 375 yards during his junior campaign.
- Blake Lair (Coweta): Hauled in an impressive 952 yards and 15 touchdowns on 47 catches as a junior in 2018.
- Chris Hilton (McAlester): Senior-to-be quarterback could thrive in first-year head coach Forrest Mazey’s offense after passing for 1,032 yards and nine touchdowns, while adding 625 yards on the ground last year.
- Zach Middleton (Bishop Kelley): Oklahoma State commit is a standout as an offensive ball carrier, but shines on defense and leads a stout Comets’ defense.
- Makai Blades (Glenpool): Speedster could cause problems for opposing defenses if his offensive line creates proper running lanes.
- Jace Hightower (Claremore): Senior tailback has committed to Air Force after running for 1,138 yards and 10 touchdowns last season.
- Jayden Garner (Skiatook): Dynamic offensive weapon for the Bulldogs, who once got the same production out of Jayden’s brother, Shae.
- Dae Dae Leathers (Tahlequah):
Michael Swisher: Carl Albert -- The Titans will have to tussle with the Bishops (Kelley and McGuinness) along the way, but until one of them - or someone else - gets the job done, I’m not betting against the westside power. Carl Albert is chasing history this season, which will add to the pressure, but will have enough to lift yet another gold ball and etch its name in the winning streak book.
Whitt Carter: Carl Albert -- Hold on to your butts - Carl Albert is loaded again. This will certainly come to an end sometime and they could finally lose this year, as hilarious as that sounds. But they are winning 5A again, regardless of whether the streak continues or not.
Ben Johnson: Carl Albert -- I like Bishop Kelley a lot, but can’t deviate from the norm. Boring, I know.